The Nomination Process
The FCLMA Board of Directors appoints a Nomination Team Lead for each category annually in order to help establish our final list of nominees. Nomination Leads must be active in the London and area Music Community, with specific expertise in regards to their assigned category. Each Nomination Team Lead establishes a committee of category experts (minimum five people) with advisement from the FCLMA Board of Directors. The Nominating Committee teams consider nomination suggestions from the public. The Nominating Committee teams then submit a list of possible nominees to the FCLMA Board of Directors ahead of public voting. The FCLMA Board of Directors may approve or revise before the list is made available to the public for final voting.
FCLMA Artist Nomination Eligibility:
- Artists should have performed in London or surrounding area (See catchment map below) at least once during the previous calendar year in which the Awards Gala is taking place (January 1 to December 31).
- Artists should have released at least one new song during the previous calendar year in which the Awards Gala is taking place (January 1 to December 31) *Some categories exempt IE Cover, Tribute
- Active in London and area music community
- Artist or majority of band members must be from London, Ontario and / or surrounding area (See catchment map below) Within red boundary
- Artists cannot win the same category award more than two (2) consecutive years
- As the London Music Hall of Fame is the highest distinction, artists inducted into the Hall are no longer eligible for yearly category consideration
The FCLMA is proud to acknowledge that the land on which we gather is the traditional territory of the Anishinaabek, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendt, Attawandaron and Lenape Indigenous peoples. This territory is covered by the Upper Canada Treaties, including Treaty 6, the London Township Treaty.